My tastebuds have been to heaven.
Really though. I was full, and I still went for seconds.
This dish took only about 20 minutes to make and I served it with garlic bread. Did I already mention that my tastebuds went to heaven? Oh, okay. Read after the jump for le process!
What You Need (Serves 2):
- 4oz Angel Hair Pasta (can substitute with whole wheat pasta)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 10 extra large cooked shrimp (cleaned, thawed, deveined)
- Italian Seasoning spice (mixture of oregano, basil, and thyme) or use fresh herbs
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper and salt
1. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Once water has boiled, add the uncooked pasta to water. Cook for 5 minutes (or until al dente). Drain pasta leaving a little pasta water left over.
2. While water is boiling, place shrimp on a plate and add 1 pinch of crushed red pepper, 1 pinch of italian seasoning, about 1 tbsp lemon zest, 1 pinch of black pepper and salt. Toss around and let sit.
3. In a large skillet on medium heat, heat oil and add minced garlic. After a couple of seconds, add cherry tomatoes, spinach, and remaining lemon zest. Add salt and pepper and sautee covered for 2 minutes. Add shrimp to the skillet and brown shrimp on each side.
4. Add drained pasta and the juice of one lemon to the skillet. Add pasta water to create a sauce and add salt, pepper, or italian seasoning to taste.
5. Top pasta with fresh parmesan cheese.